AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone else concerned about corn sales?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

djmcountryboy
Posted 9/14/2010 20:32 (#1359606 - in reply to #1359508)
Subject: Re: Anyone else concerned about corn sales?

Mascoutah, Illinois
I am looking at past reports from the USDA to make that statement about acres being raised. Far from short in corn, because we have more room higher and I believe we go higher. As for crops being below average in Central Illinois, that cat was out of the bag in late June and early July. As for walking fields around here, we are within ten bushels plus or minus our yield checks with test weights running over 60. Beans look like an alltime best. We have marketed accordingly and are doing quite well. We hope it goes higher and we will continue to sell into this rally. Whatever the final yield is going to be is not the soul telling tale in this rally. What is the end user willing to pay or not pay determines how much higher we go. I would love to see six, seven, eight, or eighteen. I do know the higher it goes, the more folks will be put out of farming. Rents will go higher, inputs will go higher, and then a record crop and we can see another repeat of 2008 after the bubble bursts. It is amazing how folks are crying when it is $5.00 and crying when it is below $3.00. What price do you need to make money? If your crop makes 150bpa at $5.00 or 250bpa at $3.00, you have the same amount of money. You are actually better off with the 150bpa. Less hauling, less drying, less fuel, less manhours, and less wear and tear on equipment.

Your backyard is not indicative of what the rest of the cornbelt looks like. Northern Illinois has some really nice corn and from what emails I have gathered, Minnesota looks like a new record. Beans will set a new USDA record this year despite some of the issues with SDS.

Edited by djmcountryboy 9/14/2010 20:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)