AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

to help validate Tara Farms Illinois yield claims
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Tara Farms
Posted 9/7/2010 23:45 (#1350840 - in reply to #1350788)
Subject: Re: to help validate Tara Farms Illinois yield claims

Red River Valley
sorry to hear of your struggles Talked to a guy in Dickenson ND that usually cuts 9-11 ton and acre of silage and is cutting 25 ton is happy when he can get 80-100 yield was adjusted at 210 bpa Me I'm in a 140 area that will harvest 220-260 IMHO the guy's around St.Cloud MN on the sand will be looking at 200 instead of 120 cutting only half of their normal acres for feed will be cash sellers or 25,000 bushels and seem to be loving it.

Just to think the guy's around in western ND are doing this on land that would have sold for about $800 an acre and next year will raise 50 bpa corn most likely and have to cut it all for feed. but this year they get to pay some bills and save some for the lean yrs. I know that makes me a doom and gloomer on this board but I like the guy's in western ND and I am very happy that they get to ring the bell big time because if you want to know what it is like to struggle with farming head out there and pull on these guy's boots.

This yield story is still a work in progress where it ends is still to be determined. The nice thing about the guy's out west is they will not be running over to their neighbors landlord jumping the rent because of one good year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)