AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you are at all interested in the state of the economy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

John Burns
Posted 8/28/2010 07:43 (#1335741)
Subject: If you are at all interested in the state of the economy

Pittsburg, Kansas

If you follow the inflation/deflation debate or have any interest in the current economic situation and where it may lead this lecture given by Niall Ferguson has some very pertinent historical information. It is the best synopsis of what I believe to be the correct way of thinking about the current crisis that I have came across. Ferguson is the author of several books and the latest one "The assent of Money: a financial history of the world" I have just finished a week or so ago. This presentation he made in March of this year pretty well sums up the conclusions in the book and also has later information that was not in the book. I consider it a "must read". If you want to follow along with the text looking at the slides it talks about the link to the slides are at the bottom of the article so you may want to go there first and click on that link.

If you think the state of the economy and the fate of our currency has no bearing on our marketing..........well good luck in your marketing.

Here is the article . It will take 30 minutes to an hour to read.

John

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)