AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anybody own or use a Rawhide Portable Corral system?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Rich
Posted 8/18/2010 09:04 (#1320596 - in reply to #1320460)
Subject: RE: Anybody own or use a Rawhide Portable Corral system?

Kansas
Dads I noticed has the solar panel on top to trickle charge the battery too.

Anything to save backs from moving those portables around that we had before is going to be welcome.

Dad said it actually took lil brother 14 minutes the other day to set it up but it was his first time too. I imagine after time of getting used to how it all unfolds out and vice versa it will only take 10 minutes.

I am a lil concerned how those solid rubber tires will hold up after years in the sun and elements but time will tell I guess.

Other then that I didn't notice any flaws off hand just looking it over. Could tell a cattleman with uneven terrain to work on designed this jewel.

There are a few welds that left alot to be desired. They were not solid and have places where water will seep in and start to cause rust. Told dad some puddy or silicone over them will take just a few minutes and solve that problem. Also, the plastic caps in the tops of the upright pipes need glued in place so they won't fall out over time.

Other then that, when he told me that the drive through gate in the center section between the two working panel sides was high enough to drive through with a pickup with a bale on the back, My eyes really lit up. Seems like at the moment this guy really thought things through.

I had no idea he was getting this thing. I brought a cow and calf up to the farm that was needing tended to and he asks me if I had a minute he had something to show me. I figured he was just taking me up to show me some calf that was born that was a perty color or something. I seen those panels all unfolded out on that setup and I was opening the gate into the pasture and walking to it while asking questions. I havn't been so dang excited to see something appear on this farm that dealt with livestock in a long time.

Now, Next goal. Twist his arm into getting a hydraulic chute!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)