AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will DEC corn test the $4.50 highs ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

MKTGURU
Posted 8/13/2010 10:36 (#1313576 - in reply to #1313494)
Subject: Re: Will DEC corn test the $4.50 highs ??

Central Illinois
Every farm is in a different situation with cash flow needs, when you apply inputs etc. I have my cashflow needs covered thru Mar '11 and will still have roughly 25% of my corn crop to sell off the farm. I have sold 25% for 2011 and have offers in to sell 10% of 2012 at $4.60 September futures. Right or worng this is my plan for now. Wheat is the leader as this is where the money wants to be. The $1.50 move in wheat was all due to investment money last week. 90% of analysts/traders/investment gurus are one sided as the are extremely bullish. I do not know how high wheat can go before it sells off but if we have learned anything over the last 3 years it is that prices go extremely higher than need be and extremely lower than need be. Look at your cash flow needs and make some sales. THe way I look at the market is can I afford a 1.50 break in wheat, a 50 cent break in corn, and a 75 cent break in soybeans waiting to hit the homerun? I would much rather missout on the last 25-40 cents in the corn market than lose 50 cents saying wish I should have sold when I could have locked in over $200+ net/acre

Edited by MKTGURU 8/13/2010 10:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)