AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro Farmer Crop Tour (again)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

maxflex540
Posted 8/11/2010 20:57 (#1311116)
Subject: Pro Farmer Crop Tour (again)

NW Iowa
Have to take some issue with the opinion, which I've heard before, about Pro Farmer stealing ears from fields without permission. I understand the point that they're technically trespassing and stealing my grain. But they're also sharing the information that's gathered for free. I have been a paying member of PF in the past. If they took their info and only gave it to their paying members, then I think the stealing idea has more merit. But when our local farm news radio station talks to chip on the phone every morning of the crop tour and their shares their free information with everyone within earshot of the radio or of agweb.com, doesn't that change it some? Whether I'm a member or not, I can use their information for free and use it to try and improve my decisions, i.e. make money off their free advice. Maybe I'm the one stealing, then?

Also just for perspective, if I have a 1/4 section of corn and they run out and grab 3 ears, they have stolen approximately .0213 bushels of corn. @ $3.75 thats $0.08.

8 cents? Even MY banker wouldn't care about that.

that's just my 2 cents. Pun intended.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)