AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

are emotions taking over the markets???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Hayinhere
Posted 8/9/2010 13:39 (#1307585 - in reply to #1307558)
Subject: RE: are emotions taking over the markets???

Central NE

I have been bullish since the January USDA numbers and refused to sell anything until they corrected their mistake.  Once they did, I contracted some.  Since then, I have become alot more bullish since russia halted exports.  The heat and drought in moscow is very real.  Yes the market has gone up, and I would like to sell more '10 production- but corn and beans are still .30 cents below what I contracted in early January.

So although the markets have had a good run-up, it all started with USDA correcting a big mistake that lowered the prices below what they should have been in the first place, and now with Russia produceing 1/3 less than it did last year, and prices still lower than January - lower than many selling opportunities in the last 3 years - The end users will need to pry grain out of tighter hands.

Yes you may be able to lock in a profit, and I believe I have on nearly half of my production.  There is still the reality that if markets go substantially higher and I'm sold out, someone else will be out-bidding me for rents and land in the future.

Edited by Hayinhere 8/9/2010 15:00
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)