AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

GSA surveys?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

marbro1
Posted 8/1/2010 23:31 (#1297347 - in reply to #1296953)
Subject: RE: GSA surveys?

Southwest Iowa
I've been getting a couple of those calls a month lately too. Last Sunday a lady called and told me her survey would last 5 minutes and I'd get paid $20. Just getting ready to eat supper but I thought what the heck, so I answered her questions. At the end, she said she would be sending me a website to my email to get on and answer a few more questions and then I'd receive my money. Well after looking at that survey, they were questions about how much Bt corn I was planting and in what fields and if I knew the requirements on planting GMO seeds, etc.. They were basically the questions that I'm sure 99% of the people would've hung up on the people asking the questions, so they just decided to "trick" everybody and make them answer them on the computer. Long story short, I will not be getting my $20 from them since my survey is still blank.

The next night, a different place called and the guy told me I would receive $50 if I spent the next 25 minutes answering his questions. I was polite and asked him how all these different survey places have gotten my number. He said what he was doing wasn't illegal and they could call me. I never said it was illegal, but I don't have the time or the patience to take the time to talk to complete strangers 5 nights a week and could he please lose my phone number. Guess time will tell if my words fell on deaf ears or not.

Marbro1
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)