AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pork butt roast ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Tantor
Posted 8/4/2010 10:42 (#1300606 - in reply to #1295683)
Subject: RE: Pork butt roast ?

I put a homemade, top-secret( you know "I could tell you but I'd have to kill you" kind) on them. Then I put them in large Ziploc bags and refrigerate overnight. I put them on and let them Cook 3-4 hours, 225 to 250 range , then pull them off and double wrap in foil til they get to 190-195, pull them off and put in a cooler to "rest" for another hour or 4, then pull and devour. Something I do different than most is I don't pour off the juice out of the foil. I keep that and put in the bottom of my serving pan. I usually put 2 butts in 1 pan after it's pulled and I'll only use the juice from one butt. It seems like it helps keep it moist if you want to reheat. I fixed 6 this past weekend and my MIL said they were my best yet, don't know about that, but I'll take the compliments when I can get 'em :-) Probably gonna do ribs in the next week or so, pretty much the same way, only a whole lot shorter time-wise. Gotta practice for a competition and charity sell next month. It's a tough job but somebody's got to do it!

(peta1.jpg)

(peta2.jpg)

(peta3.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments peta1.jpg (51KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments peta2.jpg (56KB - 139 downloads)
Attachments peta3.jpg (61KB - 137 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)