AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RTK...Line of sight?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 3/18/2007 10:04 (#121623 - in reply to #121607)
Subject: Re: RTK...Line of sight?

East Central, Nebraska
So on the cell phone thing you evidently still need a base station, which most people don't have, and you most likely still need all the other equiptment so from what i am getting here all that it replaces is the repeater. It sounds pretty interesting though and i am not sure what kind of data that is being transmitted for the RTK part of it but having the connection there should make it possible for web browsing or network data transfer too, since the connection is there. I know with the connection that i use with my cell phone it hooks directly to a laptop and then that should be able to feed the gps. I realize maybe i am rambling on but computers are my thing and the gps stuff is pretty new to me but already using the cell phone technology i don't see how any of this wouldn't work. I need more info on the InTime companys product. Its really bugging me.

All i know that if this is a good as it sounds that these dealers putting up all these RTK towers in my area, and the people that spend a crap load of money on base stations and repeaters like the guy in one of the farm magazines that spent a hundred+ thousand to have a RTK network and internet in his tractor. If this is all true, those guys are going to be pissed.

But just like in the computer biz, you don't ever assume that things are going to stay the same for too long, this technology is going to change rapidly and get alot cheaper before too long.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)