AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing aid needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Ernie
Posted 8/5/2010 00:55 (#1301626 - in reply to #1288778)
Subject: Good audiologist

North End I-15
For a independent check of hearing . Then ... Go shop

Friend just bought a pair of behind the ear very nicely equiped aids from Cosco . His cost , 2400 $
His has remote control , seveal settings , TV , Blue tooth , etc. Different programs for different situations .
Mine were 4000 $ basicly the same behind the ear set up . Remote , TV , phone setings . I like mine . They are the second set . The first were in the ear molded plastic . Good aids but not good for me . Plastic in the ears caused much irratation . The behind the ear ones are larger , easier to adjust , have better life over a mini in the ear type.
Service is a major factor to consider .
The digital electronics of today are far superior to what was offered 10 years ago .

The mark up is astronomical . My sister had top of the line Starkey programable in the ear aids built @ a teaching /trades technology school .
Molds , electronics , etc. $250 for the pair . Retail from a dispenser would have been 2500 $ School offered several brands @ their cost . Teaching aid for students and you are the test subject :>)

Edit : Down side to mine is the dirt and grease of farming . The out side the ear type have cool little filters over the mics. They need replacing often in dirty enviroments but are easy to do . They give me a couple dozen @ each visit . Free ear buds for life , free re-adjustment , free every thhing but then @ $4000, they made at inital sales is a life time of profit :>)

Edited by Ernie 8/5/2010 00:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)