AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hearing aid needed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

JohnW
Posted 7/26/2010 12:15 (#1288826 - in reply to #1288778)
Subject: RE: Hearing aid needed

NW Washington
The technology has gotten a lot better on hearing aids. My newest pair are much better than those I replaced. Mine have two microphones in each aid and a system for controlling the noise. Mine are Starkey, but others are similar. Find an audiologist you trust and let them recommend aids that will work in your situation. Mine have mute buttons so I can turn them off when things get noisy around machines.
It is never the same as good hearing, but it is a lot better than not hearing. Or answering the wrong question, ect.

Later thought. If you are a veteran you might be able to get the VA to pay for your hearing aids if you served around a lot noisy situations, like rifle/gun/artillery fire or jet engines. It takes a while to get get the VA to make a judgment as to whether or not you are eligible, but once you get that piece of paper the VA audiologist folks very good. My son's FIL is an audiologist and he is the one who told me to go to the VA otherwise I would never have thought to try. Your local county veterans service officer is the place to get the ball rolling.

Edited by JohnW 7/27/2010 02:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)