AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

The Weather
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 7/20/2010 02:28 (#1280423)
Subject: The Weather

We are dealing with a good old fashioned Bermuda High which may or may not shift locations.....each weather market I've traded, going back into the 60's, is a bit different & wide swings are experienced. The La Nina has landed & conditions in some parts of SA are changed.

Perhaps the primary consideration at this time is Europe & Former Soviet Union & a few select areas in China. Last week, two key areas in the FSU experienced 111 degrees & 108 (ag areas) & another shot of high temps is forecast for this coming weekend. The last report I read tonight suggests 23 million acres are in jeopardy of some type of loss & in a couple of "black earth" locations the wheat harvest was reduced 53% from a year ago.

In my experience with the 1972 era, the following crops are vulnerable: sugar beets, pulses, wheat, barley & cotton. In one of the hottest sectors last week, is also the location for quite a bit of livestock.

I am aware several regulars from 'down under' contribute to this forum & have noted reports of record low temps (in non-crop areas).

Edited by SeniorCitizen 7/20/2010 02:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)