AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does being Christian mean to you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Mike SE IL
Posted 7/17/2010 23:18 (#1277582 - in reply to #1271625)
Subject: RE: What does being Christian mean to you?

West Union, Illinois
Restricting your business dealings to others of faith is appropriate? Why not?
I don't think it is "appropriate" or even possible.  I do tend to prefer dealing with "others of faith" but corporations have no faith.  If the company is doing things I don't agree with (ie: supporting Planned Parenthood, etc) I may make my preferences known to those of influence in the company, and if it is a big enough concern wold feel justified in taking my business elsewhere

What do relationships of trust and environments of grace look like?
Rasputin's response says it better than anything I could write.  See his #2

Why do you think the proper balance of relationships, principles and environment is so difficult to establish and maintain?
I'll defer to Rasputin again. He's on a roll today!

Briefly recount a recent conversation you've had with a person of a completely different world view from your own. Was it difficult for you to get through to them? Why?
Local gas station is now owned by a family originally from Pakistan.  Father came to the US, kids were born here in big city, all Muslim.  Sometimes conversations get interesting.  We haven't gotten into theology much, but it is interesting trying to see things from their viewpoint.  They have a radically different view of the local residents because the only ones they see and the only time they see them are at the gas station.  Some days you walk out the door shaking your head going "They just don't have a clue"

Whatever happened to Jacob's ladder?
He put it away?  Sorry, that is getting too theologically deep for 10:00 on a Saturday night.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)