AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What does being Christian mean to you?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Rasputin
Posted 7/14/2010 00:01 (#1272437 - in reply to #1271625)
Subject: RE: What does being Christian mean to you?

1. No, I do not think it appropiate to restrict business dealings, as they say, business is business. I somewhat like the Kuyperian view of sphere sovereignty, that there are many areas of life that occupy their own sphere and one does not impinge upon the other. Family, church, school, government and business are all governed by the same over-arching principles and morals, but they do not govern one another. Business should only be restricted by legal and moral considerations, not religious ones.

2. Relationships of trust and environments of grace?
To me a relationship of trust is when you never ask yourself what the other person is up to but believe the best of them. You never question in your mind where your wife really is, never think that your employee might be goofing off, never feel the officer only pulled you over because he is having a bad day himself or that your boss is just sadistic and out to inflict pain.
An environment of grace is to never live in fear of making an error. Not to the extent of becoming careless but being secure in the knowledge that mistakes are tolerated, not having to fear telling the boss the truth of the latest calamity.

3. It is difficult to maintain healthy relationships/environments because of pride and selfishness. We like to look down on others and forget where we have come from and we primarily consider situations as they will impact us, not as they will impact someone else, causing a reaction of anger instead of understanding.

4. I don't get out much. But I do find it difficult to talk to many people who are so stuck on their material. It's all about this 'stuff' they have. House, boat, car, tractor, whatever. It doesn't last. None of it lasts. It's just a bunch of material. Light a match and poof! It's gone. People don't know where to find happiness anymore, they keep looking at what the world has to offer but all of it is chasing after the wind. It is difficult to converse with a person about serious things when their priorities in life and so radically different.

5. um. That's a good question. So good, it deserves another. What do you mean?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)