AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Satellite/Wireless Internet In Rural Saskatchewan
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

glensts
Posted 3/7/2007 19:30 (#116301 - in reply to #115656)
Subject: Re: Satellite/Wireless Internet In Rural Saskatchewan

Go to www.yourlink.ca I just changed to them, it is line of site wireless, I was on Direcway satellite, the first, old, old system and it was giving me trouble and 92 bucks a month. Now i'm 45 bucks a month with no problems yet. I couldn't get access to the sasktel wireless as I was too far away as well. So far I have lost service twice, about 5 minutes each time. But other than that i'm very happy with it so far.. And if you use my name as a reference, I get a free month, hahahahaha
Glen

I checked for Luseland and there isn't a tower on their map for there though, not meaning that there might be a new one though coming or already there.
The guy that installed mine used to work for sasktel and retired after 31 years and now installs them, he said if they get 30 people wanting service in an area they 'll stick up a receiver. Sometehing to look into

If you end up wanting to go satellite because wireless is unavailable a friend of mine has an Xplornet dish for sale with the modems. I wouldn't sell mine to my enemy. His is the newer system but he went to Yourlink as well as he online games and the satellite has too much lag time between pages.

Edited by glensts 3/7/2007 19:40
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)