AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

AgLeader Insight/Rawson/Seed Monitor - Are we able to eliminate some cab clutter yet?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

esystems
Posted 3/3/2007 10:11 (#114082 - in reply to #113569)
Subject: RE: Seems to Work-Cab Clutter Actually Increased!

NW Ohio

I got a bit creative and made a relay box so that a single Implement switch on the planter informs both the Insight and the Rawson when the Planter is "Up" and not planting. The output from the relay box goes to the Auxiliary Input Tee and also has a tee that goes into the Rawson Harness.

This means that in operation, the Rawson switches are always left in the ON and A+B positions. The row sections are shut off by Seed Command as the planter progresses into headlands that are not perpedicular to the pass until all sections are OFF. During this time, the onscreen mapping is correctly showing this progress and I could "see" that the clutches were disengaged progressively by watching the valve box output lines and also the onscreen map.

Both "halves" of the Rawson would continue to turn during this time. Once the planter is raised on the end, the Rawson is Shut OFF as if the operator had switched the ON/OFF/Jump Start switch to OFF (due to the Implement Switch tee). Thus the Rawson would be OFF any time the planter is in the raised position

Ted,

I am interested in how you wired up the wisker switch for the Rawson. I tried last year and did not get it right. I did not have time during planting to correct it, so I just went back to manually using the jump switch. I am using Farm Works Titan rather than the Insight, but that being equal the concept is the same. I was using a 12 volt relay, and checking after the season, I do not know if I am getting 12 volts from the Rawson harness? It seems like I was not getting enough volts to activate the relay?

Any thoughts or a better explanation of how you wired this up.

Thanks

Chris

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)