AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wireless setup problems...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

MTfarm
Posted 2/19/2007 13:19 (#107472)
Subject: Wireless setup problems...

Shelby, MT
I have had a wireless set up between my parents house and mine for approx a year now and things have gone ok throughout that time. main problem is lost wireless connections.

To explain my drawing, at my parents house with DSL I have a 24dbi grid antenna connected to a WRT54GL with aftermarket firmware loaded up. That router has the DSL plugged into the WLAN port and a hard wired desktop connected to a LAN port. I also have another WRT54GL connected to the main router via one of the two LAN ports. I also have aftermarket firmware on the second router, the DHCP server is turned off and have it set on a different channel. Both have the same IP 168.192.1.1.

at my house I have a 24 dbi antenna connected to a WAP54G that is set up to be a repeater with the main router at my parents place. I set the WAP54G up acorrding to Linksys directions and the WAP a WRT54 at my parents talk to each other fine. Because I want wireless in my house I have a D-Link wireless router the I got for free plugged into the single port in the WAP54. The D-link has DHCP turn off and is has ip of 192.168.1.1 the WAP54g has the default IP of I think 192.168.1.245

another unknown to you is that at my parents house I just switched out the second WRT54GL with an old linksys wireless b router I had gotten for free....my parents have two laptops and one works good and the other has fits all the time with signal and connection...so I switched out the wireless B for the second WRT54GL. I don't know if the problem is fixed because there is still fits of connection or possibly just the laptop wireless card....

after market fireware is HyperWRT + tofu vers C

the new probem is that at my house I am now having problems of intermitten connection...so can anybody help me with this.....
1. Should I change the IP of the second router at my parents house?
2. is the firmware I loaded up on the WRT54GL's not good?
3. are there other settings set up wrong?
4. Could I set up a christmas light timer on the routers so the get recycled everynight?
5. could difference in WEP and WAP encryption cause problems?

(Wireless setup (713 x 465).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Wireless setup (713 x 465).jpg (14KB - 313 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)