AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone heard of Precision Partners?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Weedsqueezer
Posted 2/18/2007 00:52 (#106817 - in reply to #105137)
Subject: Re: Anyone heard of Precision Partners?

To chemman, you guys are making N recommendations of soil tests? which soil test? my whole issue with imagery is it doesn't tell you "what" the problem is only a "where". so we use imagery to tell us where there is less and more biomass. so to quote plowboy, "the $64 question" is how does a picture taken from 200 miles away tell me i need N or P or K or a plow or drainage etc. now when using variable rate planting what happens to the imagery?!?! where you put less seeds does profitz tell you to put less and less fert? How can anyone do prescription N without using something like the ASNT (amino sugar nitrogen test)? If you couldn't tell i'm a imagery skeptic. I just don't see how prescriptions for next year can be determined on what is happening in say july.

"The results really surprised us. The Program X ended up costing $0.12 per acre more than the conventional application, and the ProfitZ program was $7.34 per acre under the conventional application." how was the yield? cuz YOU CAN SPEND YOURSELF POOR, BUT YOU CAN'T SAVE YOURSELF RICH.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)