AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone heard of Precision Partners?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

chemman
Posted 2/17/2007 15:00 (#106572 - in reply to #105137)
Subject: RE: Anyone heard of Precision Partners?

I have worked with Precision Partners for 5 years, and have had excellent results with the ProfitZ program. We are in a dryland and irrigated small grains area, and the program has added profitability to both scenerios. Our irrigated and dryland malt barley has not had a problem with high protein with the use of ProfitZ, and total overall quality and yield has increased while lowering nitrogen use by and average of 30%. By the way, our average annual rainfall is less than 12 inches.

We have increased our yields and quality of both spring and winter wheat, especially in the protein area. In 2005, we had discounts of up to $0.18 per quarter down for less than 14% protein spring wheat: that means $0.72 per bushel per one point of protein under 14%.

I have done cost per acre analysis with the ProfitZ variable rate prescription from Precision Partners against the average of a conventional same rate per acre, and I also ran a prescription with another program that I have that will write prescriptions based on zones developed from various sources. The analysis was done with a customers field with him sitting next to me. The conventional application cost per acre was used as the check figure. The soil sample results were taken by zone and subtracted from the amount of N needed. The conventional application had a yield goal set. The Program X used 7 zones with a given yield for each zone according to input from the farmer and a yield map. The ProfitZ program was given the same input from the soil samples, and the yield range was set the same as the Program X. The results really surprised us. The Program X ended up costing $0.12 per acre more than the conventional application, and the ProfitZ program was $7.34 per acre under the conventional application. The difference is the methodology of written algothrims in the program. Program X uses a prescription for each zone; ProfitZ uses a multitude of prescriptions based upon intensity of imagery, not just by zone.

I have found that the integrity of the employees and the quality of their programs are second to none. I have been in the ag business for 25 years, and have seen a lot of "me-too's" and "wanna-be's". I always look for quality, and I have found it with Precision Partners.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)