AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Use a TV screen with a computer?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/14/2007 17:26 (#104933 - in reply to #104242)
Subject: RE: Use a TV screen with a computer?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a 45" Sharp LCD TV. My work computer has the rectangular connector with several small pins in rows and columns and one larger flat pin to connect the computer to the monitor. I can't remember the name of this type of connector.

My Sharp TV has that type of connector on one of the many video inputs. I just unhooked the cable from the computer monitor and plugged it into the TV and selected that source.

The picture was quite good but not as good as my fairly high end computer monitor. Of course, I was sitting next to the TV when I was using it which is not realistic. From across the room it seemed better but still not the quality of the computer monitor.

My Sharp also has the ability to read a CF camera card directly. The quality is not very good and the system is not using the full potential of the TV since if I take the same card and stick it into the computer when it is hooked to the same TV, the quality is much better going that route. Again the pictures are better yet when viewed through the computer monitor
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)