AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Network problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

ottofarm
Posted 2/13/2007 12:44 (#104136)
Subject: Network problems

Redwood Falls, MN
I've been having a problem with file sharing on my home network that's been going on for too long. It's giving me an error saying "You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions." I've been through all the help I can find on the internet and tried all their fixes. I still have no luck.
I have 1 computer with XP Pro, 1 with XP Home and a laptop with XP home. I cannot get into any folder on the XP Pro, not even the shared folder windows created on install. I can get into the windows created shared folder on the XP Home computer and into the shared files under the administrator but not the shared under the other users. The laptop will let me into the windows created shared folder.
Printer sharing works fine.
I've gotten quite creative to circumvent this (Hamachi, LogMeIn, UltraVNC and an FTP server) but I'm not happy as this should be an easy fix.
Has anyone seen this and overcome it? I see the fixes on the internet helping some but not all.

Lance O.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)