AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leaving the ELCA ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

briggsfm
Posted 2/14/2010 20:18 (#1074805 - in reply to #1073869)
Subject: It baffles me.....

Scottville, 49454 Northwest Michigan
(A little disclaimer here; If you don't believe the bible to be the Inspired Word of God, you might just as well not bother reading what I have to say.)

I just don't know how any person or church can claim to believe in the bible, and say homosexuality is acceptable in God's eyes. I just don't get it. It really baffles me how anyone can't see that the bible condemns homosexuality. Maybe their bible is written in "erasable" ink, and they erase the parts they don't like or don't agree with.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

Romans 1:24-28 Therefore, God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. They exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised. Amen. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural ones. In the same way, the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed indecent acts with other men and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. Furthermore, since they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, He gave them over to a depraved mind, to do what ought not to be done. Romans 1:32 Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

How can a person, claiming to believe in the bible read those words and say that homosexuality is acceptable in God's eyes? Sadly, I fear they may be an example of what is referred to at the end of verse 28.

A question to consider:

Who are you going to fear offending more.....your family, friends, and people in general, or God? May we all live a life demonstrating where our allegiance truly should be. And perhaps the answer to this question is why some churches are leaving the ELCA.

I feel compelled to share one final thought. Always, always hate sin. But never, never hate a sinner. That's easier said than done, isn't it.

gordon

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)