AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Leaving the ELCA ??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

loran
Posted 2/14/2010 09:32 (#1073887 - in reply to #1073869)
Subject: Re: Leaving the ELCA ??

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
We have church council this morning....

They're giving us flack about our preacher....at the last one I was suprised when one of the Elderly spoke up and said if they don't quit trying to make us jump through their hoops....we'll drop them. Music to my ears.

We're trying to build our church with a younger Generation,and personally I think it's be far more appealing if we'd went the NonDenominational route several others have.

My niece's husband is really into the CornerStone church thing and they really seem to be growing by leaps and bounds....Granted I've never been to one of their services but they seem to have a grasp on the young people movement...

This past yr we had one member go into a hissy fit cause we added the AWANA program which happens to have Baptist origins(a Big NoNO in Her eyes)..... She is worried even though we are running the program with out any outside influence.....(I better stop,It's a LONG Story)

For the record I was Born into Catholic, married into Methodist(Mrs) and then we as a family went to a Lutheran church on the request of our Kids....I could care less what the "National" leaders try to enforce.....I'm on the board to help promote our Local church and what it's doing..+ with my track record I can relate to all the religion jokes *grin*

Long story short-- and I hope this statement ties my above Rambling tie thing togehter...."I could give a rats behind, what the leaders in their IvoryTower dictate....My kids are better Christians then I'll ever be--Mission accomplished"
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)