AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Question about business edicate...?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

GoldenLeaf
Posted 2/14/2010 00:31 (#1073719 - in reply to #1073691)
Subject: Re: Question about business edicate...?

Eastern NC
This sounds like a tough situation for your wife to be in. But as for the boss, I am beginning to wonder how qualified she is to lead this team. She told your wife that there was no way she would fire her and let her draw unemployment but from my experience that is not an option. Maybe I am wrong but if one our our employees gets fired they are simply fired. If i have to "lay them off" because there is no work to be doen then they draw a check but not if they are fired for lack of performance. I know that it will be tough for your wife to finish out this arrangement but tell her to make the best of it if at all possible. I think that you are being reasonable if you give the boss the required 30 day notice. I have seen a lot of people that once they get to the point that they don't need the job anymore then they don't do their best. It only causes that employee to gain a bad reputation and possibly lose a reference in the future. Always remember that the toes you step on today may be connected to the butt that you will have to kiss tomorrow. Good luck with this transition period and I hope that everything works out for the best. I do hope that you will not be losing health insurance when this happens because let me tell you from experience that those premiums can eat you alive. My wife does not have a public job anymore and that is the only regret that we have. But as far as I am concerned, she is much more valuable to my farming operation during the busy seasons than her paycheck used to be. I wish you luck in the future and hopefully bean prices will turn skyward again.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)