AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

CBS News Anti-Atibiotics Story
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

marlinpain
Posted 2/11/2010 07:32 (#1069356 - in reply to #1069208)
Subject: Re: CBS News Anti-Atibiotics Story

45 miles south spingfield il.
I'm afraid when this plays out US livestock will be regulated to death. The consumer will purchase the cheaper, if not cheapest product they can. In the future this may well be third world country raised items. You may see stories about confinements in other countries later, or drugs being used that no body in this country would think of. But the truth will be so for away the American public will just shrug their shoulders.
I see a movement to send all things dirty (everything but the green grass) in Ag away from our own neighborhood. Next there could be a story on field dust, what's in it? Do these large machines need to be on the road? Would the farmer with the Farmall M raise a healthier crop? less dust, smaller target on road?
This is not going away. Livestock farming is a small no of people. The larger cities have few roots with them, and some of those roots to them smell anyway. After the livestock is cleaned up what else around here needs doing? Maybe I'd better get me an old M or 8n ford and be ready.
Just reread this, well I guess you'd say rant. Should be in boileroom I guess also. I do not have livestock anymore. But shouldn't we remember that somebody in this country has to make a living for those who don't?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)