AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agristar Global Satellite internet
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 2/8/2007 22:56 (#101613 - in reply to #100962)
Subject: RE: Agristar Global Satellite internet

If you have no other option then satellite is better than dial up for sure. Some things to think about.

Quoted speeds will be the max they can do normally. Speed will vary through out the day. All satellite providers I know of track your usage and if you are a heavy user or have kids that use it a lot they will put restrictions on it and slow it down to the point it will make dial up look like the road runner. You'll end up just quitting and coming back later.

Yes, their tech service is in Iowa, but the last I knew it was only limited hours and not 24/7. As for the claim that they have less problems than Hughes, I'd say that's BS. The equipment is the same, the satellites they use are the same, only thing different is the billing and the tech service.

Before you sign up for any "ag" package, get the high speed and do a little looking around. With the exception of some proprietary commentary anything that you want can be had on the internet for free. Then if you think you have to have a certain market analyst to read every day, just pay the premium to get what you want.

Look into getting your email through another provider like gmail, yahoo, or what ever. I've not seen any satellite provider that has a good spam program. For what it's worth gmail can be set up for free to download into Outlook if you use it, I know most of the others charge for that option.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)