AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

FSA question---Income for direct payments
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Posted 1/26/2010 15:38 (#1042563 - in reply to #1042499)
Subject: RE: FSA question---Income for direct payments

jakescia - 1/26/2010 13:39

FSA personnel told me-----------greater than 750K net farm income, and greater than 500K non-farm income.

I asked specifically the question of whether or not that was a "modified adjusted gross income"-------ie "modified" from the "standard" AGI that is on 1040..........they said it was not a recalculated, modified adjusted gross.

I said--------and therefore, if a guy has a NET farm income of 850,000.......and takes a 150,000 Section 179 expense.........dropping the NET farm income to 700K, then there is no limitations-------------person said that I was correct------no limitations.

If I were approaching those limits..........I would be reading the law, or getting a letter from FSA describing exactly my situation, before I relied on the "hearsay".

For example...........USUALLY......when a reference is made to a document other than the FSA document, there is a modifying calculation..........so I would wonder if there is not further delineation if using tax return data.

Sort of my concern. I made money in 08'. I bought a new tractor and used 179 to depreciate it. It made my income somewhere around $6,000 when I reviewed my taxes. So now wonder if this would screw up the payment issue? I looked at the AGI and farm inc. was less than 2/3. Am screwed or lots more screwed than me?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)