AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Say it ain't so
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/26/2010 09:40 (#1042106 - in reply to #1042095)
Subject: RE: Got that song in my head- Who?

Blooming where I am planted!

Not sure about the song.

The commute wouldn't be too much longer than what I was doing before. Driving in to the city is cost-prohibitive just from a parking standpoint...parking around there will run you at least $20/day. 

I worked downtown from '99-'00 for them (worked off-site in Michigan my first year with them), and I took the train.  I expected the train to be full of mayhem and noise, but let me tell you, that train commute was the best part of the gig!  In the mornings, the train is downright serene.  Very quiet, with everyone reading the paper or listening on headphones.  I used that 1/2 hour to get a lot done myself--reading the paper or a book, paying bills, etc.  There are some "train friends" who hang out in groups and are noisy and social but that is pretty rare and confined.  I loved my quiet train rides.  The train is $103/month so it is a bargain.  It still ended up being an hour each way for me, by the time I left my house and sat down at my desk...but at least I could DO something during my commute (other than drive) and I'd arrive at work in a relatively sane, peaceful state of mind.

Edited by amsunshine 1/26/2010 09:42
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)