AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Say it ain't so
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/26/2010 01:17 (#1041814)
Subject: Say it ain't so

Blooming where I am planted!

Just got an email from a person at my old-old employer (worked there from '98-'00), right in downtown Chicago.  They want to bring me in for an interview.  This company is kind of a proving ground for fresh college graduates...the joke is that you do your 1-2 years there and then you are prime meat for working for a manufacturer...at that time the headhunters come calling (they call you at work--sometimes you can hear the phone ring from desk to desk with headhunters calling. I took one of their offers and flew the coop in 2000.) You leave, do another gig for a couple-three years, and then come back to this company making more than you did before....it's kind of a round-robin thing.  All of us in the industry got our starts at that or the other company.  One of the guys I worked with at my last job had been back there FIVE TIMES to work.  (they couldn't get enough of him I guess)

Big downside is that it's right downtown.  Somebody get me out of this rat race please.  I like the company but the location is definitely not ideal.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)