AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

North Iowa Coop Merger
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

loran
Posted 1/25/2010 17:27 (#1040856 - in reply to #1040839)
Subject: still a member

West Union, IOWA FLOLO Farm 52175
we used to do alot with Valley COOP(cleremont/Elgin) and pretty much quit doing business with them about the time NorthEast Iowa formed...

I'm not for it, but I haven't been around enough to know what others are saying....My personal opinion of the COOP is they've forgot the Member/owner is in reality the boss and have the take it or leave it policy. I never seen such a Fiasco Billing department in my life...They can't keep things straight and to many cheif's not enough Indian's.... We still have to deliver to Elgin for 1 customer and that's usually enough to remind me why we quit.

This fall for example...they had a Dryer available in Volga, but the operator had quit...so instead of training a guy to run it, they hauled wet Corn to Elgin...which is notorious to have deluges and lines....The reasoning behind it was the mill is in Elgin,and the area had a lot of Hail this summer...so yes they're going to need to haul grain in,BUT why haul wet??? 20 some miles ?? and then create headaches in the wet pit? Especially this fall when dryers were at a premium??( the dry pit is a 6min vs a good hr for the wet pit FWIW)

To me Coop's in General have out serve their usefulness along the same lines as Union's,

I do know NEIC's pres read's here so maybe he'll come on and give his veiw???

Edited by loran 1/25/2010 17:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)