AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I have a question regarding the previous post about american graves overseas....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Fred
Posted 1/25/2010 19:57 (#1041089 - in reply to #1040187)
Subject: Re: I have a question regarding the previous post about american graves overseas....

south east SD
My uncle is buried in a military grave over seas. I can't remember the name now but some of my family has been there to see it. Very large and very well done and well taken care of!! They did ask his mother if she wanted him back but she said no. Also when my family was there the care-takers asked who they were looking for and pointed out the spot and then called a family that was in charge of taking care of his grave!!! They came and said that thay had gotten together when they built the cematary to have a family take care of a number of graves so that the people back home would know that they were looked after!! It was there way of saying THANK YOU for giving your son/daughter for helping with the stopping of the Germans. My family said it was a moving and anyone close should go because the host family would love to see them and say thank you........very humble.......really makes one stop and think.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)