AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Airport security and bring your own snacks ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Omar
Posted 1/18/2010 23:12 (#1029751 - in reply to #1029474)
Subject: RE: Interesting

Elmira, Ontario

Redman - 1/18/2010 21:44 Flying AA through Dallas. Any Canadian originating flight flying into or over US airspace is required to prohibit carry-ons except for personal identification and food for infants. Lots of other questionable rules but would have thought US would have had the same rules if they are requiring them for here. Wanted to change flight to avoid US airspace but rules prohibit it if you are cheap like me when buying tickets.

I think the American rule is that all international carry-on must be hand checked. The Canadian rules are mostly expedience to get the Toronto traffic flowing. Since so much of the Toronto traffic goes to the states (probably the greatest single source of international traffic going into the USA), that airport was overwhelmed. Getting rid of carry-on baggage was supposed to help reduce the time it takes to get through security. By the way, the exception list is quite long. Cameras (and bags and accessories), laptops (and bags and accessories), phones, iPods, game consoles, small purses (which look large, and are allowed for both men and women) are all still allowed. It looks like all that isn't allowed are clothing and toiletries.

I'll find out in a week how bad it is. I was almost ready to cancel out of the trip. I'm really, really tired of airports.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)