AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tedbear - EZ Boom = Poor man's seed command?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 2/2/2007 18:43 (#98287 - in reply to #97712)
Subject: Re: Tedbear - EZ Boom = Poor man's seed command?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I haven't been asked about that combination. We are getting more interest in the Seed Command concept from Ag Leader than I would have anticipated but as yet the firmware for the Insight and the modules themselves are not released. We are receiving requests to do some fairly exotic combinations on the planters besides just shutting off the seed. I really would like to get a complete unit as we have customers installing the clutches with the assumption that this will all work out and that the firmware/modules will be avaible for Spring.

Last year I used Ag Leaders Direct Command liquid module to run planter sections on two different planters. As the other poster mentioned a relay box is needed to 1) handle the load of the clutch disengagement and 2) reverse the logic. The Seed Variety needed to be "faked into" the Product list under application. Although this was workable there were some drawbacks.

At first thought, It would seem that since EZ-Boom works in pretty much the same way as the above setup that the reversing relay box might just do the trick for your "poor man's seed command". I will need to think through this and discuss it with my Coworkers. We really don't have field experience in using the EZ-Boom for spray yet.

One possible drawback that I can forsee is the limited "as applied map" with EZ-Boom. I'm not sure if this would be an obstacle or not. Another possible limitation may be with the boundary concept. At this point in time, Ag Leader's Insight required a boundary for AutoSwath (this will be changed, I understand) while the EZ-Boom did not. This might create some problems with certain fields, then again maybe not.

Maybe the EZ-Boom with EZ-Guide 500 would be a better fit. I understand that the EZ-Boom support for the 500 will not be available until later this year so that cuts out that combination for this Spring.

Edited by tedbear 2/3/2007 08:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)