AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm getting soft
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ernie
Posted 1/16/2010 08:44 (#1024964)
Subject: I'm getting soft

North End I-15
in my old age .

It's got to be the old age as nothing else explains this odd behavior I'm experiencing .

I got up early to clear the office desk , sort the mail etc.

One of my favorite activities is stuffing the "junk mail" envelopes with odd materials to be mailed back on "their dime" .

This mornings activities included such goodies as American Express credit card "Pre-approved' applications .

Every time I see a pre approved application it reminds me of the draft notices they used to send out .
you know , your number/name was selected ....... Always the day after college graduation for most as they took deferments . It was as good as enlisting to take a deferment back in the 50's .

But I digress , So the credit card applications get shredded and stuffed in to the envelope .

The credit union term insurance application , in to the shredder , in to the envelope .

The AA RP free quote for auto Insurance , shredded , packed

Then the free magazine but now wanting money to subscribe .... shredded , in to the envelope.

Last was a renewal to what used to be the "Montana Farmer/Stock-man " It is now the Western Farmer ???
In to the shredder , ah shucks , lots of good memories reading that paper ......

Just threw the envelope in to the garbage ....

yep ,getting soft.

Either it's the old age or my tongue is tasting too much like glue .

Time for another cup of Coffee .

Good Morning to all . :>)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)