AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Anyone here on Nextel?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dave-ECIA
Posted 1/14/2010 16:26 (#1022397)
Subject: Anyone here on Nextel?

Had a run-in with the company yesterday. Been with them many years and despite their occasional shortcoming, been pretty happy until last night.

Lost my phone. Yep, been carrying a phone for 20 years and lost the first one, knock on wood. Fell off somewhere in the cow lot, under the new bedding. Spent an hour with a pitchfork moving the new bedding to try to find it. Gave up when my arms and patience couldn't take it anymore.

Thought, no biggie except for all the lost contacts, but will get them all back eventually. Just go to the store and get a new one.

Wrong. After an hour of jumping through hoops, I had a phone. But here is the kicker. To save myself $200 plus, they had to upgrade my wife's phone (it was the oldest and only one eligible to upgrade). She got the one that will be my new one. I got her old phone. They swapped the numbers so I now get my calls on her old phone and she gets her calls on my new phone.

Here is the funny part..... after 30 days, they will swap the numbers back so she gets her phone back and I get mine. What a bunch of BS. Why can't I just walk in, get a new phone for a reasonable price, activate it and walk out?

Didn't have insurance on the phone, which I learned last night would have helped, but for $7/month, I would have paid for that phone many times. Insurance would have helped get me through the process quicker, but would have cost me a LOT more in the end.

Are all other companies like the???

Dave
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)