AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Importing soil types into AFS software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 1/29/2007 21:17 (#96212 - in reply to #96155)
Subject: Re: Importing soil types into AFS software

roaming
the datum and projection won't necessarily match the rest of your maps; you have to choose the datum and projection that was used to COLLECT the data (this should be available from the NRCS website, and if I weren't so lazy, I'd look it up for you. For example, if you do yield mapping with a receiver that collects GPS data in the NAD83 datum, but the NRCS data is in WGS84 datum, and you try to display the NRCS data as NAD83, you'll have problems. (My understanding of datums (dati??) is shaky, so someone can probably offer you a much better technical explanation. I just know you have to display it in the same datum as that in which it was collected.)

I don't know why you're having a problem with the Terraserver import. I would get down to field level, and see if you can successfully select and import just one of your fields, or the area around your house, or something like that, just to make sure you can in fact at least get something downloaded. Then you can determine if the problem has to do with the size of the dataset, or the speed of your internet connection, or what...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)