AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Which soap wins in your book?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

amsunshine
Posted 1/7/2010 18:53 (#1009250)
Subject: Which soap wins in your book?

Blooming where I am planted!

Been thinking about bar vs. liquid soap.  Found this article.

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sustainable/story.php?story_id=120793661306810000

Personally I am a big fan of bar soap.  I know I'm pretty wasteful with liquid soap and the only places I use it are in the kitchen and basement sink areas, and liquid Lava by the laundry room sink.  I have it in both bathrooms too but that is just for my guests.  Laughing

Seems to me that liquid soap is a way for soap companies to dramatically increase profits. 

I also have noticed on FOAMING soap (which I prefer if I have to have liquid).  Have you ever shopped for a foaming soap dispenser (not the commercial kind).  They are practically non-existent!  The people I have talked to say that they thought the foaming soap you can buy only worked with that particular container.  Well I did a little experiment and found that any ol' liquid soap will work in a foaming soap dispenser (I currently have Dr. Bronner's liquid soap in a Bath & Body Works foaming soap container.

I was SHOCKED to see how LITTLE liquid soap it took to get the right consistency--I had to fill the bottle only 20% full!!!  Talk about major profits!

Going further--I thought, well if I want liquid soap I bet I could make my own.  Here are some really, really simple recipes for making your own liquid soap from bar soap.  I'll bet my "new" Salad Shooter would grate me some soap in a hurry, with which I'd make liquid soap!

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2015390/how_to_make_liquid_hand_soap_with_bar.html

Edited by amsunshine 1/7/2010 18:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)