AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Yamaha Clavinova Piano
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 1/7/2010 11:57 (#1008312 - in reply to #1008269)
Subject: RE: Yamaha Clavinova Piano

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

ihshed - 1/7/2010 10:38 My daughter wants to get a Yamaha Clavinova for new piano. I am wondering does anyone have a Clavinova and do they like it.

There was a picture in the local paper last night showing a new Yamaha Clavinova recently purchased by the music department at the local Jr. College.  I do know they use and like them.

My wife was a music teacher for 35 years, is a bit of a Pureist about her music.  She prefers the real piano for sound quality and keyboard feel.  She understands the advantages, a Clavinova is much more portable and provides good sound quality in many instances.  She does not think a clavinova replaces a piano, but also understands the current crop of musicians prefer them because of their many advantages.

Reminds me of the controversy between acoustic guitar and electric guitar, some prefer to be unplugged and some like the electronic sound.

Better to play a Clavinova than no instrument at all.  We both hate recorded music backing up a singer, no fan of karaoke.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)