AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Whatta day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

msb
Posted 1/7/2010 00:20 (#1007547)
Subject: Whatta day

Lapel, In
Been looking for a furnace for my shop. Found exactly what I wanted on Craig's List.(No don't give me that, in floor heat sermon,you don't understand the situation. lol) 100,000 btu ,upflow, 90+ eff. Called the guy. Terrible phone on his end.Call you right back with a price. $800. Left him a message, I'll take it.Let me know where to pick it up,etc.He calls back and the specs and price are confirmed and he wants cash--bad check once, ya know. O.K. no problem.. A little evasive on his location. Long story-- short after searching for half an hour for a building with the company name on it -- his "office" after another phone call ---the parking lot of a Burger King s.east. side on Indy.Not the greatest neighborhood.Should have kept driving at that point.Old van with padlocks on the doors. Some tools to be seen inside. Must be legit,young guy starting out ? Seems nice enough.

Well I came this far. You got the cash ? yes, let me see the furnace. Ah, its an 80% Goodman,No deal. Well my buddy here took one of your calls, Must have not heard 90+.But the ad said 90+.Am I gonna get mugged now? There I am with a grand of green in my shirt pocket---.Hold on ,hold on, lets see what I can sell a 90+ for --$11++. No deal I can beat that price. Well there is a 15% restocking fee. Yadda Yadda. Gladly gave his a few bucks and got the he!! out of there. Cheap lesson, I am thinking. Could have been a lot worse.

All is not lost,I think, need to go to the s.west. side of Indy for some window lock tighteners anyway. After driving in circles for about 4 miles in the neighborhood. Nice guy ,but sorry,we can't sell you a little $3 plastic piece, we can only sell you a complete window. I see you sell Coleman furnaces. Yep for what you want,a little over $900+ Lp kit $35 compared to 50 bucks for same lp kit at the Burger King Heating and Air Conditioning Store. WE have them in stock. Got a confirmed price and stock number. I have had enough---gotta check out the Coleman brand. Other than driving 100+ miles, I didn't do anything today.lol.

Edited by msb 1/7/2010 00:20
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)