AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

San Antoino trip.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

billybob
Posted 1/4/2010 10:05 (#1001883)
Subject: San Antoino trip.

Well, we got back from our 10 day trip to Texas.  If I did not have to stay in motels and could eat some of our own cooking I could stand to stay longer away from home.  Life.

Thanks for all the suggestion on things to do and see.  My wife esp liked San Antonio, (more than Corpus Christi), prob. becasue it was warmer when we were in San Antonio.  68 to 70 degrees each day.  The river ride was fun and the Alamo was actually educational to me and the family.  As it was not the tourist season we parked right across the steet from the Alimo.  Also things along the river were just mildly busy.  I would not even want to be there during the busy season.  They say the convention center is booked up through 2020 for all the people who want to come there.  CAUTION.  Those who want to come to the river this spring.  Some time this spring they will clean out the river.  Not sure if the close the gates and drain it all or come in with something to dredge out the bottom.  It is just a mud river and needs cleaning annually, I think.  Hopefully they can do it quickly, like in just a few days.  They did not get into the details about how it is done.  The guide just was joking about all the shoes, glasses, cameras, ect they find when the clean it each years. 

One thing we did enjoy that was not suggested but my wife found was a place that blows glass.  It just has 2 -3 people working and they blow the beautiful and expensive glass pieces by hand.  They have the business set up with plenty of seating inside a steel building.  The to young men explained each step they took to create their lamp shade.  You are right in the room with them as they work. Took about 30-40 min. to create.  Cost something like $500+ when it was done.  It was called Wimberly Glass Works in San Marcos, Tx.  It is well off the beaten path 5 miles or so out in the country from town. 

Other than the glass blowing we just did the usuall tourist things.  The two ten year old girls enjoyed those the best.  Sea World, Hemispshere Tower, River Walk boat ride, fancy Mexican restaurant called the Mi Tierra Cafe and Bakery (about a 10 min. walk in the Market Sq. area of town, from the Alamo).

Was suprised to see so much of the land grown over to trees, looks like it would be hard to use even for grassing. 

Not much going on a Corpus Christi, was colder and sprinkled one day.  Drove down on Mustang beach.  No waves rolling in like you see of the ocean some times.  Just mostly flat quiet water.  Did see a big, big to us, ship go under one of the bridges.  Just going right along about 15 to 20 mph I would guess.  Quite a sight to a flat lander to see.  Good aquarium.  Hands on things for the girls and 2 good animal shows, one birds, the other with dolphins. 

Good trip.  Did not even get honked at to much, only three times I think.  ha ha.  That is how we judge how good of job Dad did driving that day.  Intersting how they have only one way streets on each side of the interstate and the turn arounds.  Nebraska not like that.  Works well the way Texas has it. 

Thanks again. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)