AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wifi networking experts...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

houghta3
Posted 1/21/2007 16:10 (#92176)
Subject: wifi networking experts...

Saginaw Michigan

ok guys, i have done mile long runs before and have even built my own antennas. i am having a hard time figuring out want types and sizes of antennas i want to use for a fairly large project. alot of different ways i think i could do it. want to share a high speed connection among more family members. currently a high speed signal at the shop and and houseB(paying a separate bill at each). HouseA and HouseC both have dialup. have a 100' leg we could mount antenna on if needed... not sure it is needed though. have staight line of sight from everything except between HouseB and the shop/houseC there are some pretty tall thihck trees in between. i have used lynksys 54G routers in the past and am confortable with them, would like to stick with them(i think) what antennas would you guys use??

anyone want to make a few bucks? i'll give $50 to someone to put together a "shopping list" of the equipmnt needed to do this the most effieciently. i think i can pick the components myself, but wonder if i would be better off paying an expert to choose the equipment, as i tend to buy alot of things i end up not needing...

well?  

-mike 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)