AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight Configuration
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

mtbrights
Posted 1/13/2007 11:00 (#87523 - in reply to #87457)
Subject: Re: Insight Configuration

Carter Montana
It's been a winter since I used our Insights but if I recall I haven't found a way around that either. When downloading operations into SMS I always wind up with multiple copies of my farm with the different operations according to which Insight I use. Ag Leader indicated SMS uses my Insights Serial number to separate the data coming into SMS. Exactly why I'm not clear, but one becomes pretty proficient at simply moving the branches into the appropriate spots in SMS. It's not to bad once you get onto it.

The best I've been able to come up with is to have one master Insight and work off of it in configuring the second. As you say there will be occasions when won't have the appropriate "history" (harvesting with a variety map in the background for ex.) in one Insight because you used the other one to seed with. The situation has been manageable but it requires alot of extra time to keep everything on the same page. It gets progressively more time consuming, and harder, the more combines, and thus Insights, you potentially have.

In talking to Ag Leader I can seee the difficulties involved here but would be a huge convenience if we could load previous operation maps into multiple Insights. I don't see an easy fix on the SMS file management other than becoming proficient in moving branches.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)