AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

General economy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

davy crockett
Posted 4/27/2024 08:40 (#10719867 - in reply to #10719587)
Subject: RE: General economy

that is true, however some farmers will have the low ci score and plan to get +$1 more for their corn thanks to the "inflation reduction act" . if one candidate wins, then every year they will have $400,000 more in their pocket, if the other candidate wins, then the boondoggle is defunded. at the commodity classic, a big question was `why should i do all these practices if it all goes away after november?`. i doubt throwing vast amounts of money to a few "cooperative" individual farmers will sway the electoral votes in a state thats already set in granite, but as they contemplate their vote it could be millions $$ to their bottomline, the fate of the country as a whole notwithstanding.

with all these transfers of wealth by the government, be it 1980s farm debt write off, crop ins subsidy, ldp, ppp forgivable loan, adjacent county disaster relief ect if a farmer qualifies, by all means go for it, because money that you owe the government in taxes, i guarantee you they will want a pound of your flesh at that time. however, prior to those boondoggles becoming a new entitlement and regulation, they should be fought for our own good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)