AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stomach hernia
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Skyhighballoon(MO)
Posted 4/25/2024 19:42 (#10717901 - in reply to #10717544)
Subject: RE: Stomach hernia

Pilot Grove, Missouri
Jim - when I still lived in the St. Louis area (move to my farm in 2015), I had a superb primary care doc who was well connected in the Mercy hospital network. I had issues in early 2011 with a probable ulcer and he referred me to a gastro doctor and I got treated for that and eventually got past that. In 2013 I think I noticed a weird bulge around my belly button and asked him about that on my next visit. He was very well educated on that issue and told me I had an abdominal hernia that should be fixed asap so I didn't end up with a bowl obstruction that could be extremely serious. I had no pain at all at the time but he said over time the hernia tear would get worse. He referred me straight to a surgeon that was an expert on repairing them. My gastro doctor had absolutely nothing to do with consulting on or fixing that issue. I had a consultation with the surgeon next then scheduled the surgery which she which she repaired with mesh (the good kind, not the bad kind you see lawyer commercials about, lol). No scars and my bell button looks perfectly normal. I was told she was the best surgeon for this in that hospital system. I managed the pain after surgery with just extra strength Tylenol and didn't fill the narcotics script I was given. Had lifting restrictions for a while but recovery went well.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)