AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Garden planter again
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 4/23/2024 16:04 (#10716337)
Subject: Garden planter again

East Central Arkansas
I guess it was a couple of years ago maybe three that I purchased Hoss brand planter to use in our garden. As soon as I got it I realized it would need some modification for using in our soil. I used it some that first year and wasn't happy with it at all. I got the Inexpensive Earthway back out and used it. I guess I tried using it again but still was'the happy. So being the old retired guy this year and not being as pressed time wise to get things done I got it out again. Just doing small plots of stuff so not really practical to use the real tractor planter. I do hook up the planter to mark my rows and help make a furrow. In our silt clay loam soil you can'take really plant corn as deep as it should be even following the rows laid out with the planter. I did 6 different corns in sections in that almost 200 foot of rows. That Goss push planter might be fine in that Georgia sand but not something I should have invested 500 dollars in for our soil. I added weight to the front of it and had to add braces for the flimsy wood handles. I will try it some more this year but don't really think I will ever find a use I will be happy with it.

(20240423_135534 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20240423_135534 (full).jpg (177KB - 21 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)