AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Transitioning to the Green economy.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

HuskerJ
Posted 4/21/2024 20:52 (#10715126 - in reply to #10713277)
Subject: RE: Transitioning to the Green economy.

East of Broken Bow
JonSCKs - 4/20/2024 10:25

There’s no question that Electric Vehicles can aid in reducing emissions.. and possibly reducing fossil fuel usage.  However, can we transition away fully from Fossil Fuels?

My question is Why are Biofuels being ignored in The Biden administrations zest for net zero?

It doesn’t make sense to me HOW can ethanol produced in South America produced from Sugar Cane fields… they harvest the entire plant.. it’s low density energy.. aka you can’t afford to harvest fields too far away from a processing plant.. and oh by the way.. you burn the leaves off before harvest.

Then you process.. ship to a port.. ship over seas.. import into the US.. and SOMEHOW this is going to have a lower score for SAF than US Corn based ethanol?

is this a joke?

It's all about the formula used, and how it can be used to your advantage.
For example, if you were going ride a horse or a bicycle thinking you were 'green' you would be wrong. Even a human walking would fail emissions that a gasoline fueled car would pass, because of the way they measure emissions.
I'm guessing that the SA ethanol is kind of along those lines, it meets the technical standards of the test the way it is set up or measured, even though common sense would say it does not. Keep in mind, we are talking about government regulations, so common sense is pretty uncommon.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)