AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 1770nt hyd hose hook ups to Jd 8570
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/20/2024 02:28 (#10713069 - in reply to #10713040)
Subject: RE: JD 1770nt hyd hose hook ups to Jd 8570

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have a mostly similar but not identical situation. The difference is I use ground drive so I do not need "power" for the hydraulic seed motors since I don't have them.

You mention having 11 hoses but I only count 9. The other pair may be for markers which we have available but don't routinely use.

There are likely many ways this could be done but some things I feel are quite certain.

Since it is CCS with two Vac fans, I assume like ours that it has a case drain coupler of a different style that can only be connected to its mating coupler. There is no doubt where it should go and should be connected FIRST so that it is not forgotten. This provides a no pressure path for the small amount of "leak" oil from the Vac fans and the CCS fan to get back to the tractor without any back pressure. This hose is the case drain from all three motors which have been tee'd together already on the planter.

Next the frame pair should go to SCV 1 on the bottom of the stack. The flow rate should be set to "10".

At this point there may be some disagreement, but our left Vac fan would go to the right side of the next SCV and the right Vac fan would go to the right side on yet the next SCV. On our planter, their returns are tee'd togethr and connected to the motor return port below the SCV stack. The Vac fans are run in the "forward" position so that they can be pushed to float to stop them. A setting of around "4" seems a good starting value.

Since you would be about out of SCVs at this point, SCV IV could be used for your markers.

Then there are the very important hyd drives for seed. I would say they could be connected to the Power Beyond coupler below the SCV stack. Their returns could be tee'd together and use the second motor return port that our tractor has.

Since the Vac fans will be running whenever you are planting, Load sense should not be an issue since the system should be "tripped up" by them and you should have adequate flow at power beyond for the hydraulic drives.

I'm not completely certain on the hydraulic drive advice since we are not in that situation. These questions come up every year and usually prompt some debate.

Edited by tedbear 4/20/2024 02:31
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)