AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

White 2-110 Hydraulics overheating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Gregor
Posted 4/19/2024 08:45 (#10712478)
Subject: White 2-110 Hydraulics overheating

East Central Nebraska
Helping my buddy out last night on his 2-110 tractor (nice well-kept tractor), his hydraulic temp light comes on. This is his backup tractor, but needs to fix it. Ya, I know, it been on the back burner and we discussed it alot and finally got a little time to look at it. LOL> Last year he was planting beans with a kinze 8/15 planter. Only hydraulics used for planting is the lift and markers, (bean meters and finger pickup) and he said the hydraulics were working fine, just getting hot. His hydraulic pump is probably 5 or 6 years old. Radiators are clean too. We put the pressure gauge on (installed in the port in the housing where the relief valve is, proper spot according to the book), and ran the tractor. The pressures he has printed out from the manual from the dealer and I'm typing from memory, so like 1500 for the compensator, 2500 relief valve, and 2250 for the other one. He did turn the compensator up last year just to try it. Anyrate, at 1800 rpms or so, pressure was at 1850. Pressure was about the same, no matter the RPM. We would dead head one of the hydraulic levers and pressure never changed. The guage would flicker just a bit when he initially moved the lever. We also installed a hose between the couplers and engaged the lever to flow the hydraulics. Again the pressure stayed the same. I could feel the fluid moving thru the hose. And you could tell you were moving the lever when dead heading it. I turned down the compensator pressure and set it at 1550. Again no changes to pressure when running the levers. I ran the compensator pressure from 1000 up to 2500 and tried it each time and no changes to pressure. We took out the relief valve. I really don't know what I'm looking at, but the spring looked good. There was about 7 or 8 shims on it. All looked like the picture that I had up on AGCO parts books. About the only white experience I have is i changed out my pump on a 2-105 a couple years ago and set up the pressures. And this looked identical to my 105. He is going to try to get ahold our our local white mechanic, but he just quit at our local dealer. That is a hit for us for sure. Not sure he can hunt him down, but going to try. I'm pretty sure, he'll come by if my neighbor get ahold of him as we know him and get along real well. Just looking for some advice if we can't get ahold of this other guy. I'm not sure the dealer has anyone left with white experience. So I think it is overheating due to something is wrong with the relief valve or bypassing some where in the system as I can't build any pressure above what the compensator is set at. The compensator screw seemed to be very active. Just a half turn made 200-300 lb differences. All other hydraulics function as normal, I.E. 3 point, steering, PTO. And it was lifting and lowing the planter just fine he said. Any advice appreciated. Thanks Greg
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)