AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven console cable pinout - no voltage to flowmeter TEDBEAR!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/26/2024 06:51 (#10718277 - in reply to #10717312)
Subject: Use 1450

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Since you are using a Raven flow meter with a Raven 450, enter 1450 as the tag suggests.

It is true that 1450 means that 1,450 pulses were produced when 10 gallons of water were run through that flow meter. Use 1450 since that is what the Raven expects and handles its internal math based on that assumption. If you were using that flow meter with a different brand of controller such as an Ag Leader, then you would enter 145.

Your voltage checks are correct. Entering a meter cal of "1" and jumping the signal pin ( 6 o'clock) to ground (2 o'clock) should cause the Total Volume or Field Volume to increase by 1 gallon. Actually it is very difficult to jump those pins exactly only once so the total will jump up by more than one each time you try to jump them.

The new flow meter could be bad but I think that is highly unlikely since each one is tested with actual water at the factory to determine the meter cal on the tag.

How did you determine that the new flow meter is bad? If you tried this sitting still, you would need to have the Power, Master and at least one boom section ON. Then watch the Total or Field volume. When using 145 instead of the 1450 that you should have used, you should have seen the total increases quite quickly.

I'd say try again using 1450 for the meter cal and see what happens.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)